What is salt therapy?
Hot stone therapy is a specialist massage that uses smooth, flat, heated basalt stones that are positioned along your spine, in the palms of your hands, along your legs and between the toes. Typically from river beds, basalt stones are used for massage as they have a rich iron content that retains heat. Cold marble stones are often used in the treatment to help aid with detoxing and healing the body.
How does salt therapy work?
Your spa therapist will warm the stones in water until they are within the precise temperature range of between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
A hot stone massage may begin with a traditional Swedish massage technique to prepare your muscles. Your spa therapist will then place the warm stones on key acupressure points on your body. The stones warm and relax your muscles, allowing deeper pressure to be applied during your massage.
Using massage oil and a combination of strokes and techniques, your spa therapist will massage your neck, back, arms and legs, with and without the stones. You should always tell your spa therapist if the stones are too warm or the pressure is too intense.
Allow plenty of time for your hot stone treatment; arrive 10 minutes early to allow yourself time to relax. If it is your first time at the spa you’ll be asked to complete a pre-treatment health questionnaire. Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol prior to the treatment.
The origins of hot stone therapy can be traced back to over 2,000 years ago, when the Chinese used heated stones more than 2,000 years ago as a means of improving the function of internal organs. You can read more about the history of stone therapy on our blog.
What are the benefits of salt therapy?
The combination of hot and cold stones encourages your body to detox and heal through increasing your lymphatic flow and encouraging your body to remove waste products.
Some other benefits of hot stone massage include:
- relaxing tense muscles
- aiding pain relief
- alleviating depression
- promoting sleep
- improving circulation.
Tips & Tricks
- Utilizarea laserului de îndepărtare tatuaje în tratamentul de carbon peel 10 martie 2020
- Îndepărtarea tatuajelor cu laser – cea mai bună și cea mai eficientă metodă de îndepărtare 18 ianuarie 2020
- Culoarea pielii – de la istoric până în prezent (rol important în selectarea tratamentelor) 16 decembrie 2019
- Carbon Peel- inovatia in frumusete, cel mai nou tratament in domeniul beauty 10 decembrie 2019
- Indepartarea tatuajelor cu LASER- Sugestii pentru o abordare profesionista a clientului 24 noiembrie 2019
- Ce trebuie sa stii despre indepartarea tatuajelor cu LASER 14 noiembrie 2019
- Indepartarea tatuajelor prin metoda chimica 22 iunie 2019
- Neutralizarea si indepartarea machiajului semipermanent 10 iunie 2019